Doctoral Hell

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Another week...

This week flew by! I have a case presentation due tomorrow, so I'm working hard on that....I'm on page 15 (it's an oral presentation, but you read your stuff...).

I gave an exam on Friday, and I managed to explode a bottle of seltzer water over myself. So...the classroom is completely silent aside from pencils scratching, and then suddenly FOOOSSSSHHHHH!!!!!! I'm covered. They laughed heartily, and I told them to keep working on their exams, "I'll be sitting up here, looking dignified..." I like most of my students, except for one small group in the back corner....one of them sends me these sweet, soul-baring e-mails, but insists on being bratty in class. I guess that's part of being a teenager? The rest of them are consistently sweet, though.

Today, the Newfoundland came to class, and her owners talked about training her, etc. The class tried to teach her a trick (to lie on her side.) It went alright, but I thought it went better in the spring because it's really a small group activity and I had so few students in the spring...

I want to create a blooper reel of teaching...exploding seltzer, lost chalk, seminal vessicles, all that crap...

But yeah...I guess I should finish formulating this case or something....

*Sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home