Doctoral Hell

Monday, July 17, 2006

Freaking hot!

And not in a good way.

It's in the 90's again today, with day number 2 of an "Ozone Air Advisory". People like me aren't supposed to breathe at all. I'm left with little choice, though, but I am definitely not getting enough air. It's hard not to yawn all the time, which poses a problem when I'm in session. But, hey.

In worse news, my little kitty has heat exhaustion! (This tells you just how hot it is in our apartment!) He was drooling all over himself, was staggering a bit, and (sorry for TMI) had diarrhea. Poor little guy! My husband is currently ministering to his needs. The latest report was that he is under the bed with the fans aimed at him, lying on a wet towel, and licking ice cubes. We called the vet earlier, and they said that he definitely had heat stroke, but didn't need to come in unless he got worse. I feel so bad for him, and I've been calling every hour to check on him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home