Doctoral Hell

Thursday, August 17, 2006

After Comps, I Pledge To:

It's almost over! This massive, horrid thing that has hung over my head all summer will be over tomorrow.

I am back in the coffee shop. (I'm blowing tons of money here, btw...iced mocha, black bean soup, chammomile tea...).

I am putting the finishing touches on this stuff. Soon, I will post my questions. (I have this weird thing, where I won't put the questions online until after I've handed in my answers. That way, if I have an interesting discussion with someone that compeltely alters my views, I can still sign my little statement of integrity without any guilt pangs.)

When I finish, I will nap.
When I finish, I will read a novel. (I have to admit, this is currently the most appealing. Sleepless on Sunday night, I picked up my worn copy of "She's Come Undone". Taking a break and a nap this afternoon, I flipped throug it yet again. I am finally to the point where I feel disappointment because I remember each page. I love novels, and it's been too long since I've had a new one. Oh, I adore novels! I haven't had new fiction since last Christmas when my sweetheart got some for me due to my loudly stated withdrawal. Ummm...I think I'm having novel-reading fantasies. I will sit outside with a novel and tea, and I will lie in the grass, and it will be joyous.)
When I finish, I will clean the apartment. (Wade keeps saying that he'll do the deep cleaning, but the poor guy does ALL of the daily things: dishes, laundry, scooping the litter box, emptying the garbage, cleaning up, etc. He works on it about 20 minutes every day. If I throw in a long shift once every semester, it balances out.)
When I finish, I will catch up on paperwork.
When I finish, I will edit my paper for the department journal.

Keep in mind, I only have a week before school starts. ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home