Doctoral Hell

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Horrible coincidence; Sitcom material

So, I had training yesterday at my unnamed practicum site for the year. I spent the day filling out forms, getting fingerprinted for my lovely background check, taking online tests, etc. All and all, it was predictably dull but reasonably pleasant.

After lunch and before fingerprinting, my supervisor asked me to come on up to the unit. He lent me a book to start looking through, talked to me about my various duties, the way that I will be trained, etc. Everything seemed to be great! It seems like it's very training oriented, and lots of good experiences in store for me. He told me about the people that I'll be working with,e tc. He did give me a small warning about a potential problem with a male doctor, and told me to let him know if there was a problem. (He told me that this particular person is prone to discussing sex incessantly, that sort of thing.) I met the rest of the staff, but that doctor wasn't in yet. Before I left to get printed, he asked me to come in and meet that doctor before I left.

Okay.

No big deal. After I did this lovely computerized finger-printing, I went back on up there. He leads me down the hall, knocks on a door, and leads me on in. Oh. My. God. I was in shock. The doctor is this incredibly creepy, slimy man whom I've encountered a few times. (Yes, this is the guy who pretended to be friends with Freud.) He commented on our previous encounters, and then I basically ran out of there. Pretty much as soon as I got to campus, I started bawling. I just don't want to have to deal with this fucking bullshit!

I'm calmer today, and I do see the humor in it. Out of all possible people to work with, I get stuck with the one person that I've met in the past several years who was truly creepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home