Doctoral Hell

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Between semesters

It is this magical time of the year, where I'm BETWEEN SEMESTERS. This is the longest break I have without classes all year.

It's been, let's see...6 days.

I've knitted half of a blanket.

Read stacks of articles.

Read Kristeva's Black Sun....

Gone to my practicum and run groups.

Seen clients in person and done phone sessions.

Cleaned the (disgusting) apartment with my hubby.

Set a new personal Scrabble best.

Baked pumpkin bread.

Made latkes.

Ate them.

Slept and dreamt tons...

I love these breaks. It reminds me of What I Like To Do. The doctoral program can leave me so busy that I forget What I Do. These breaks make sure that I never completely forget.

Oh, and for the record....the lowest grade in my Intro class was a 6%. Impressive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home