Doctoral Hell

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Wow...

I'm still up in the office fielding questions. I was chatting on the phone with my college roommate. (We're celebrating her completion of her Last Exam Ever tomorrow night.) Somehow, between the conversation, the peanut M&M's, and the vending machine coffee, I let my guard down enough to decide that it was time to send in my dissertation proposal without a final edit. This isn't even the REAL proposal, just something I've done for my research class. It's a draft, really....

But what it comes down to is: I HAVE WRITTEN A FRIGGING PROPOSAL!!!

I already regret sending it to the professor who identifies with Dr. House before submitting it to one more layer of revision (and I also regret being forced to delete a citation because 2 hours of searching did not yield the publication date of the goddamn article), but I'm ecstatic that it feels like someday I'll actually write this thing and be the hell out of here!!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home