Doctoral Hell

Monday, November 28, 2005

*Sigh*

Between the fever, the exhaustion, and the mindlessness of break, I forgot to write a client in the scheduling book. That means that I spent the entire day sitting here just in case. Brilliant, huh? It's actually been helpful, I have to say. I gave my independent study paper one last look-over and sent it on in. Now I'm hanging out for half an hour before meeting up with my hubby for dinner.

I've been frustrad for about the past week, feeling like I'm not DOING enough politically. I think the break away from community mental health (it was just a WEEK) roused those feelings. I really like my practicum (although, I am slightly annoyed by some of the higher-ups). It's a place where I can channel my activism and fight like hell. But even just a week away and I start to feel it climb up to my throat and try to strangle me. It confirms that I NEED to stay active, to fight like hell as long as I can.

Coming back to school today was hard as hell. I didn't want to get up, I didn't want to put on professional clothes, I didn't want to teach, I didn't want any of it.

Tomorrow should be better: I love the group at the hospital and it helps me to look forward to the day.

The end of semester is so damn exhausting....

But hey...my workload is realistically almost done:
2 20 page case formulations
1 30-40 (note how I changed that!) paper

Left to do:
1 dissertation proposal...

When I put it like that, it's not that bad, right?

*Looks scared*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home