Doctoral Hell

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Completely frazzled!

I'm always amazed at the power that professors have to instill immediate anxiety in me. I was sitting here, dutifully typing up a session note from this morning, when in walks a particular faculty member for whom I recently did a neuropsych assessment. He asks me if I have the report. I pull out my thumb drive and pull it up and hit print. He then says: "I can't look at it this week." I say okay and ask if he'd like me to just put it in his mailbox. He gets snotty: "Don't give it to me now!!" He leaves and I'm left dazed at the computer.

And oh crap....I just walked by his office and I only thought he had left for the day....meaning, he may have heard me making fun of him....*headache increases*

On top of that, I am waiting for the student government to get back to me about the appropriations meetings for tomorrow. Now, tomorrow I meet with a supervisor at the hospital at 8:30, I run a group from 9:30-11:30, meet with a client from 11:45-12:30, another one from 12:30-1:15, then frantically write notes from all three things (including 18 session notes from the group), catch a bus at 2:30 to make it to a 3pm appointment on the other side of town, then catch another bus at 4pm to be on campus in time for my 6pm class that goes until 8:45. Somewhere in here, I am supposed to attend this appropriations meeting. That sounds fine, except that I can't GO to the meeting unless it's at my "preferred time." And I can't find someone to go in my place unless I know the time!

Thirdly, I took a babysitting job (I know, I know, I'm overbooked, but we need money desperately.) I'm supposed to be hanging out with the baby from 4-7 on Monday, but one of my supervisors pulled some strings to get me into a special training from 1-4pm. Great, huh?

*Looks horribly frazzled*

I hate Wednesdays because I go from 8-7 with only an hour break total.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home