Doctoral Hell

Monday, November 14, 2005

I DETEST our library!!!!!

I have a headache, a sore throat, and a general cold. I'm in that slightly dissociated sick space where everything hits me with added absurdity. I have a client coming in a few minutes.

I've been tryiing to research for my independent study, which is due immediately following break. Our pathetic excuse for a library pretends that it has citations, it pretends that it has articles. It doesn't. It even has this lovely thing called "Find It." It tells me it has found my articles. I click on the link, and...

"We're sorry. Your subscription doesn't cover this article."

GAHHHH!!!!!

I shall do some deep breathing so that I can be at least a tiny bit Zen for my clinical work....

2 Comments:

  • At 16/11/05 09:14, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, my University has pretty good access to journals and such, so if you ever need something that I might be able to pull up and e-mail to you, just let me know.

     
  • At 18/11/05 08:28, Blogger Wild West Intern said…

    Thanks, Cari!

    I might take you up on that...I'll make a (short) list!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home