Doctoral Hell

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

feminist psychoanalytic dreams

Wow. My dream life has been CRAZY the past few days...I blame my recent immersion in feminist psychoanalytic theory. (Ironically, I read the most between semesters when I actually have time.)

In one dream, a male classmate ripped my tongue out. The whole tongue. I couldn't speak or eat (nourish myself.) To make sure that the phallic reference isn't lost, I actually asked my mother if it would grow back! So yeah...silenced by society's castration....that's me!

Last night, I dreamt that I was standing in my kitchen on the phone with Bush, trying to convince him to enact a universal healthcare policy. I was being extraordinarily polite, even saying: "Well, Mr. President, I better let you get back to running the country."

So I was thinking of that in relation to the previous dream...I ripped out my own tongue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home