Doctoral Hell

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Holidays and all that Jazz...

Well, I was Deathly Ill for the holidays, so I spent the entire week curled up on the futon. I feel bad for the cat now that I'm back in the routine...he got used to curling up with me 23 hours a day! It was nice, I have to say. On Christmas day, we watched a movie, played Scrabble, and ate Pad Thai.

I was just looking at someone's list of New Year's resolutions...it's not nice to laugh, but...have you seen those lists of really lofty goals? Like...
1) Get a Ph.D.
2) Travel to 7 different countries
3) Make $4 million dollars
4) Start a family
5) Cure AIDS
6) End the conflict in the Middle East.

Yeah, I know that thre's this whole bullshit line about "the power of positive thinking," but really people, at some point it stops being "lofty" and starts being simply grandiose!

Or, maybe I'm just being defensive about my less ambitious resolution. I usually don't resolve anything, but since my recent LENGTHY bout of illness, I've decided to resolve to do at least a little bit of yoga 5 times a week. I had been doing it every day, but fell off with the craziness of last semester. The second part of the resolution is that I don't have to do MUCH-- just enough to feel a bit more relaxed.

I'm too tired (and, frankly, depressed) to be witty. I start back at my practicum tomorrow. I truly detest it there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home