Doctoral Hell

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

End of semester fiascos and a sausage party

Updating has been sparse. First of all, I'm serious that keeping a dissertation journal slows me down. I write, process, and analyze 9 hours of my Monday and Wednesday. Then, I write, process, and analyze all of my therapy sessions...somehow, the blog becomes less appealing.

But the past week has been a hassle. First, the cat. He was crying at night. ALL night. EVERY night. I started off sweetly: "Sweetie, come in here!" By the end, I was crying into my pillow: "Shut the f-ck up you -f-cking bastard!" After night 4, we took him to the vet, and discovered two abscessed teeth, which he had removed. Poor little guy...we didn't realize that he was in pain because he was fine during the day! I felt really guilty.

So, we tucked him in at home, and went grocery shopping -- we picked him up some organic turkey. When we got back, there was a small puddle in the hall, which turned into a large puddle, and a puddle in the bedroom...and living room...and....water streaming down the inside of the window!!!

Turns out, the woman above us had turned on her faucet when the landlord had shut the water off to the building for a few minutes. They had 4-6 inches up there. So, Friday night, we had carpet cleaners in. We kept the industrial carpet dryer for the weekend.

All of this, of course, terrified the poor cat.

And the sausage party-- our DCT has invited the other classes to his house on Friday. He will "provide everyone with a sausage." So, we're going to dinner where we don't have to have the DCT's sausage!

Oh, and I'm sure that some day this blog will get me expelled or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home