Doctoral Hell

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Proposal in a Crate

As I prepare to haul my sneezing, coughing, aching self into the car with my husband and brother to travel up to my parents' house for Thanksgiving, I am packing my "proposal in a crate."

There is no time to avoid the dissertation, so I am taking my crate to work on while I'm up there. My proposal crate is probably the only truly organized thing in our apartment. I mean, hell, even my "pyjama drawer" also has socks and underwear in it, too!

The Proposal Crate has alphabetized subcategories, including disability rights, neuropsychology, and autoethnography. Each of these has subcategories. (ecological NP, history of NP, forensic NP, test administration and NP...) It is inventoried. There are printed summary sheets of each folder's contents, with alphebetized annotated bibliographies. Each folder has its "partner folder" of those (alphebetized and categorized) articles that I have not yet highlighted and put into the annotated bibliography or into the summary sheet. The folders are color-coded.

So, I take this to the house of the woman who maintains that I am constitutionally incapable of organization. I think that this will piss her off more, though...it shows that for all these years, I just didn't really want to organize stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home