Doctoral Hell

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Lumpiness

I spent the morning in the lovely waiting room of Planned Parenthood, waiting for a medical professional to palpate my boob and make a declaration on the state (and fate) of my boob lump. After several hours of waiting, a friendly woman poked at my boob and declared it non-cancerous. It can stay! Relief abounded. (I had found a lump a few weeks ago. I knew the odds of it being cancerous were quite slim, but hearing someone with a medical degree tell me was really helpful.)

I did, however, discover a strange policy prohibiting women from taking their infants to the doctor with them. Odd.

2 Comments:

  • At 23/12/05 06:51, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You need a second opinion. Do you have a student health service available to you? (Yeah, I know but you still need a second opinion, or, more accurately a biopsy.) Unless you have fibrous breast tissue, so that it isn't really a lump but just a bit of fibrous tissue, touch cannot distinguish between cancerous and non-cancerous lumps.

     
  • At 23/12/05 07:45, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I did, however, discover a strange policy prohibiting women from taking their infants to the doctor with them. Odd."

    Why not? I mean, it's only a lump of cells, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home